There are already customer reports, at the Amazon Kindle Community forums, on the new early preview of Kindle 3 software update v3.0.3. Changes that were noted:
1. Those who are using screensaver 'hacks' will see no changes in that the screensavers they installed will still work.
However, the update
2. Page turns in general are faster
3. Page turns that were sluggish with the smallest fonts are "considerably faster" than with v3.0.2.
4. Web browsing is faster - pages load more quickly, including when navigating between home pages. There are less login-input problems.
5. Very large PDFs don't seem to stump some Kindle (UK: K3's) anymore.
6. There are three reports that the text seems darker and the contrast better. That is surprising.
7. Improved WiFi access
KINDLE FOR MAC GETS AN UPDATE
PC Magazine's Sara Yin reports the improvements that those using Kindle for Macs will see if they download the latest free update.
Amazon's Kindle application for Apple OS X is now open to international users for the first time, according to Yin in this article, although Amazon's page for this Kindle app doesn't mention it being new.
New features include
. searching the text,
. adding, editing, and deleting notes and highlights, and
. reading in multi-column mode.
Kindle 3's (UK: Kindle 3's), DX Graphite
Check often: Temporarily-free late-listed non-classics or recently published ones
Guide to finding Free Kindle books and Sources. Top 100 free bestsellers.
Also, UK customers should see the UK store's Top 100 free bestsellers. Below are ways to Share this post if you'd like others to see it.
-- The Send to Kindle button works well only on Firefox currently.
(Older posts have older Kindle model info. For latest models, see CURRENT KINDLES page. )
If interested, you can also follow my add'l blog-related news at Facebook and Twitter
Questions & feedback are welcome in the Comment areas (tho' spam is deleted). Thanks!