Amazon announced yesterday that they have another Kindle Exclusive, this time seven books by Albert Einstein, coinciding with the 132nd anniversary of his birth and published by Open Road Integrated Media LLC.
These are being called "enhanced" editions in that they've added "new photographs and biographical information from experts at the Hebrew University Einstein Archives, introductions written by Neil Berger and new covers to previously published print editions (a portion of which have been available digitally in the public domain) to create new Albert Einstein Archives Authorized Editions of the works. These books are available starting today for download exclusively in the (Kindle store (the link goes to the Einstein-release page). There's also a general Albert Einstein page.
Jane Friedman, CEO and Cofounder of Open Road Integrated Media LLC, said that they're "digitally publishing the authorized ebooks of a selection of Albert Einstein's most important writings" and that "In partnership with Philosophical Library and Hebrew University, we have curated fascinating material about Einstein’s life that will both attract new readers and appeal to diehard fans."
Since this is a public-relations release, meant for wide distribution, here is the the rest of it that relates to the Einstein Exclusive specifically:
“Albert Einstein is one of our most important thinkers,” said Russ Grandinetti, Vice President of Kindle Content. “These books cover everything from the Theory of Relativity to Einstein’s own letters chronicling his thoughts on life. We’re excited to make these books available for Kindle device owners (UK: K3) and app users, and think readers will enjoy them.”
Albert Einstein (1879–1955) was born in Germany and became an American citizen in 1940. A world-famous theoretical physicist, he was awarded the 1921 Nobel Prize for Physics and is renowned for his Theory of Relativity. In addition to his scientific work, Einstein was an influential humanist who spoke widely about politics, ethics and social causes. After leaving Europe, Einstein taught at Princeton University. His theories were instrumental in shaping the Atomic Age.
This selection of Einstein books was designed for readers interested in Einstein’s seminal works in physics, his collaborations with colleagues, and his broader philosophy. The seven digital works that will be exclusive to the Kindle Store are:
* “Essays in Humanism”: An inspiring collection of the great thinker’s views on a rapidly changing world;
* “Essays in Science”: An homage to the men and women of science, and an exposition of Einstein’s place in scientific history;
* “Letters on Wave Mechanics: Correspondence with H. A. Lorentz, Max Planck, and Erwin Schrödinger”: A lively collection of Einstein’s groundbreaking scientific correspondence on modern physics with other contemporary giants in his field: Schrödinger, Planck and Lorentz;
* “Letters to Solovine: 1906-1955”: A provocative collection of letters to his longtime friend and translator that spans Einstein’s career and reveals the inner thoughts and daily life of a transformative genius;
* “Out of My Later Years: The Scientist, Philosopher, and Man Portrayed Through His Own Words”: An inspiring collection of essays in which Einstein addresses the topics that fascinated him as a scientist, philosopher and humanitarian;
* “The Theory of Relativity and Other Essays”: E=mc2: It may be Einstein’s most well-known contribution to modern science, but how many people understand the thought process or physics behind this famous equation?
* “The World As I See It”: A fascinating collection of Einstein’s observations about life, religion, nationalism, and a host of personal topics that engaged the genius’s intellect.
Open Road has digitally published these titles as part of its ongoing publishing partnership with Philosophical Library.
About Open Road Integrated Media
Open Road Integrated Media LLC (www.openroadmedia.com) is a digital content company that publishes and markets ebooks by creating connections between authors and their audiences. The company’s ebooks offer a 360-degree world of existing and originally produced premium content that is marketed through a new proprietary platform.
Open Road’s Author Brand Program focuses on extensive backlist catalogues, while its Publishing Partner Program is based on co-marketing of ebooks with originating publishers. Open Road publishes new titles that are “born digital” in the company's E-riginals program. '
Kindle 3's (UK: Kindle 3's), DX Graphite
Check often: Temporarily-free late-listed non-classics or recently published ones
Guide to finding Free Kindle books and Sources. Top 100 free bestsellers.
UK-Only: recently published non-classics, bestsellers, or highest-rated ones
Also, UK customers should see the UK store's Top 100 free bestsellers. Below are ways to Share this post if you'd like others to see it.
-- The Send to Kindle button works well only on Firefox currently.
(Older posts have older Kindle model info. For latest models, see CURRENT KINDLES page. )
If interested, you can also follow my add'l blog-related news at Facebook and Twitter
Questions & feedback are welcome in the Comment areas (tho' spam is deleted). Thanks!