Apple wants to rush the antitrust lawsuit
Boston Globe.com carries an AP story today that the U.S. government has said that Apple "wants to rush the lawsuit by finishing evidence gathering by year's end" while acknowledging "it has a 'special urgency' in ending the case, while the government intends to finish gathering evidence in March.
Flipboard app is here, as of June 22, for Kindle Fire and Android devices in general
Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine - Some features cited by creators:
- Search for anything--people, topics, hashtags, blogs, your favorite sites--and flip through articles, updates, photos, and videos in a beautiful magazine format.
- Connect Flipboard to 12 social networks, streamlining your reading and activities like commenting, liking, and sharing. Services include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, Google Reader, LinkedIn, Flickr, 500px, Sina Weibo, and Renren.
- Get a quick dose of what's happening now in Cover Stories, a constantly updated selection of articles, photos, and videos shared by your friends.
- Save anything to read later using Instapaper, Pocket, and Readability.
- Webby Award Winner in News and Social categories, as well as People's Voice Award (2011, 2012)
- PC Magazine 100 Best iPad Apps (2012)
- WIRED magazine Essential App (2011)
- TechCrunch Cruchies--Best Touch Interface (2011)
- Gannett Foundation Award for Technical Innovation in the Service of Digital Journalism (2011)
- Apple's App of the Year (2010)
- TIME Magazine 50 Best Inventions (2010)
Throw in the Vowel is now also available on Kindle Touch.
Throw in the Vowel, an original word game for Kindle, has been available for Kindle Keyboard devices from Kindle 2 up and is now ready for the Kindle Touch.
It has 16 customer reviews and an average rating of 4.4 stars.
Today's Kindle Daily Deal: River of the Brokenhearted
Today's Kindle Daily Deal at the ongoing link that changes each night
"...despite the somewhat bleak subject matter, tremendous humour and vitality persist in this story. The characters leap off the page, and in the person of Miles King, Richards has imagined a fully human soul of stunning believability...a character of great loneliness, pathos, humor, and compassion, one of the finest creations not only of Canadian writing but any literature." -- Amazon.com, Mark Frutkin
River of the Brokenhearted is $1.99 today, at a 47% discount.
Note that this link will show a different Kindle book deal after midnight.
Techradar "In Depth" comparison of Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet:
TechRadar's Andrew Hayward has an "In Depth" comparison of two budget tablets: Kindle Fire vs Nook Tablet: which should you buy?
Note that the Kindle Fire will be available in Europe probably sometime in the summer, as noted when Amazon requested Kindle Fire app submissions from several countries in Europe a few days ago.
Current Kindle Models for reference, plus free-ebook search links
Kindle Fire 7" tablet - $199
Kindle NoTouch ("Kindle") - $79/$109
Kindle Touch, WiFi
Kindle Touch, 3G/WiFi - $149/$189
Kindle Keybd 3G - $189, Free, slow web
Kindle DX - $379, Free, slow web
Kindle Basic, NoTouch - £89
Kindle Touch WiFi, UK - £109
Kindle Touch 3G/WiFi, UK - £169
Kindle Keyboard 3G, UK - £149
Keybd: w/ Free, slow 3G WEB
Kindle NoTouch Basic - $109
Kindle Touch WiFi - $139
Kindle Touch 3G/WiFi - $189
Kindle Keybd 3G - $189
Keybd: w/ Free, slow 3G WEB
Check often: Temporarily-free recently published Kindle books
Guide to finding Free Kindle books and Sources. Top 100 free bestsellers. Liked-books under $1
UK-Only: recently published free books, bestsellers, or £5 Max ones
Also, UK customers should see the UK store's Top 100 free bestsellers.
*Click* to Return to the HOME PAGE. Or click on the web browser's BACK button Below are ways to Share this post if you'd like others to see it.
-- The Send to Kindle button works well only on Firefox currently.
(Older posts have older Kindle model info. For latest models, see CURRENT KINDLES page. )
If interested, you can also follow my add'l blog-related news at Facebook and Twitter
Questions & feedback are welcome in the Comment areas (tho' spam is deleted). Thanks!