White Noise, by TMSOFT, v4.7.2 worth noting
The White Noise app works with all Kindle Fires and other Android-based devices. Various ambient sounds and a timer and alarm system.
There's a normal free version as well, but that one doesn't allow you to use your device for other functions like reading while the sound is going.
This one does have that flexibility and is usually $1.99 but it's today's Free App of the day at Amazon, so I thought I should blog it, as normally the free app of the day is a game for the younger set.
Copied from product page to make it easier than reading it all on the tablet or phone]
' Recommended by Dr. Oz as a miracle for better sleep! Features ambient sounds of the environment like ocean waves, rain storms, flowing streams, and more. Includes 40+ perfectly looped ambient sounds, audio background service so you can use other apps, and an advanced alarm and timer system that wakes you up refreshed. Featured in Health Magazine, The Washington Post, New York Times, PC Magazine, and raved about by thousands of satisfied customers. Find out why the world is sleeping better with White Noise.
Includes the following great features:
- 40+ perfectly looped sounds for relaxing or sleeping.
- Import new sounds for free from the White Noise Market at http://whitenoisemarket.com/
- Background audio support so you can use other apps
- Designed to work on all Android-based phones and tablets
- Create multiple alarms that slowly fade in waking you up feeling refreshed
- Sleep digital LED clock perfect for any nightstand. Drag up and down to adjust brightness. Swipe left and right to adjust color.
- Sound timers turn off audio to save battery life and fade audio out so won't suddenly awake
- Star your favorite sounds in the catalog for quick access in the favorites category view
- On-screen media and volume controls and gesture support allows swiping left or right to navigate sound collection
- Tons of custom settings: Device volume, sound volume, balance, buffer size, auto play, background audio, headset unplugged, auto sleep clock, prevent clock burn-in, allow screen lock, auto share on sleep, prevent device interruptions, alarm snooze time, changelog, help tips, rate app, restore defaults, and send feedback
- No Ads
"Revolutionary Sound App!" --Dr. Oz
AMAZING ANDROID APPS - Book by Daniel A. Begun
"White Noise can instantly transform a chaotic environment into a calm oasis."
THE WASHINGTON POST: Smartphone Puts Newborn to Sleep
"For the next four months, the infant slept with his father's phone in his crib and White Noise tuned to 'air conditioner.' The monotonous buzz kept the baby sleeping soundly and his parents happy."
"Help you turn off your brain, fall asleep faster, and get the rest you desperately need."
Includes the following unique sounds:
Air Conditioner, Airplane, Amazon, Beach Waves, Boat, Cars, Cat Purring, Chimes, City Streets, Clock, Clothes Dryer, Crickets, Crowd, Drip, Fan, Fire, Frogs, Hair Dryer, Heartbeat, Blue Noise, Brown Noise, Pink Noise, Violet Noise, White Noise, Ocean Waves, Car Rain, Light Rain, Heavy Rain, Extreme Rain, Rain Storm, Shower, Sprinkler, Stream, Tibetan Bowl, Thunder, Train, Vacuum, Washer, Water, Wind '
So, yes, I'm presenting their marketing brochure. But it intrigued me and I'll be getting it, so am passing the info along to others who may be interested but don't have time to check the apps each day.
Current Kindle Models for reference, plus free-ebook search links.
NOTES on newer Kindles.
Check often: Temporarily-free recently published Kindle books
Guide to finding Free Kindle books and Sources. Top 100 free bestsellers. Liked-books under $1
UK-Only: recently published free books, bestsellers, or £5 Max ones
Also, UK customers should see the UK store's Top 100 free bestsellers.
*Click* to Return to the HOME PAGE. Or click on the web browser's BACK button
Below are ways to Share this post if you'd like others to see it.
-- The Send to Kindle button works well only on Firefox currently.
(Older posts have older Kindle model info. For latest models, see CURRENT KINDLES page. )
If interested, you can also follow my add'l blog-related news at Facebook and Twitter
Questions & feedback are welcome in the Comment areas (tho' spam is deleted). Thanks!