So, if at all interested in a newer free book, download it while you can.
I'll look for other interesting ones this weekend.
REGULAR UPDATE: 8/29/09 - Original posting was 7/26/09.
These two books were free but now cost $9.99. They're here for the record.
I'm not around much on the weekends - so, for the many new readers who visit each day and for those who don't usually have time to explore the right-hand column of more permanent links to useful tips and information, I'll highlight the "Free [or low-cost] Kindle books box from that side-column.
The book above is Raising Jake by Charlie Carillo, and the book on the left is
Click on the images to get the details for each book.
Besides the usual new $$$-books, we can enjoy Classics for free, both from Amazon and from other book sites, many directly downloadable to the Kindle. A few are promotional and free for only a while.
1. Amazon's 7,000+ free books, sorted by:
"Bestselling" or by "Avg Customer Review"
2. Amazon's currently free Non-Classics - This one changes.
a. That link above is to Non-Classics sorted by BESTSELLERS.
b. Here are Non-Classics sorted by NEWEST first.
3. "Big Deals on Kindle" - This one doesn't change enough.
4. Project Gutenberg e-books (MOBI ed) catalog for Kindles. You can search the catalog on your Kindle and click on one to have it downloaded to your Kindle from the site. There are no Amazon charges on a download from this site.
5. A long Amazon Forum thread on a million or so books readable on the Kindle - How to get them (mostly free)
ALSO, previously featured free non-fiction books that are free or under $1.00
1. (Recommended under-$1 books)
2. Amazon's most popular free books.
AND remember Michael Rubin is offering, for a limited time, the full text of his $35 "Droidmaker" book on George Lucas and Lucasfilm via a set of 3 PDFs. The photos from the book are included.
Some of this will be redundant, but at least there are a lot of choices for people on a budget.
Updated 8/29/09 Below are ways to Share this post if you'd like others to see it.
-- The Send to Kindle button works well only on Firefox currently.
(Older posts have older Kindle model info. For latest models, see CURRENT KINDLES page. )
If interested, you can also follow my add'l blog-related news at Facebook and Twitter
Questions & feedback are welcome in the Comment areas (tho' spam is deleted). Thanks!