Sunday, November 13, 2011

Amazon Mp3 for Android

AMAZON MP3 FOR ANDROID

I have an Android tablet that I picked up for $79, when it was discontinued, at Woot! and looked for interesting apps to try on the Kindle Fire when it arrives in a couple of days.  I never knew about the Amazon Mp3 app for Android although I use Cloud Player on the computer, and it's very smooth.

  I actually like it better in the Android version because they do a large picture of the album for which a song (or classical work) is playing and it's really nice on a 7" screen -- also, it's easy to select pieces to play or to put in playlists and it winds up playing in the background.

 At any rate, I did plug in a strange-looking but good portable speaker I like (the JBL On Stage IIIP Portable Speaker Dock for iPod and iPhone -- but I use it for my netbook also and a portable DVD player), to play the music in better sound.  This speaker puts out good sound, which seems to come from nowhere.

  It's fairly expensive as these things go, but portabiltiy and sound quality are good, especially since it stays clear at the loudest volume, without noticeable distortion and the words tend to be clearer than I'm used to in songs.  Depending on what you place it on and the height, it sometimes produces bass you don't expect.

Here's the Amazon page explaining Amazon Mp3 for Android, which plays whatever music you have in the Amazon Cloud, on an Android tablet.  Since the Kindle Fire is Android-based, I expect that it, or an added app version of it, will work, as it's music played from the Amazon servers. Below are ways to Share this post if you'd like others to see it.
-- The Send to Kindle button works well only on Firefox currently.

Send to Kindle


(Older posts have older Kindle model info. For latest models, see CURRENT KINDLES page. )
If interested, you can also follow my add'l blog-related news at Facebook and Twitter
Questions & feedback are welcome in the Comment areas (tho' spam is deleted). Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Heh... I've been using this for a few months. It's pretty nice, but not perfect. I like the fact that I can have some songs downloaded to the device, too, since I don't want to stream the songs that I use most often (to conserve battery)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,
    Right. re the song downloads (and ease of it) and good thinking re conserving battery... I do like how easy it is to switch between album/song and the playlist info.

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: TO AVOID SPAM being posted instantly, this blog uses the blogger.com "DELAY" feature.

Am often away much of the day, and postings won't show up right away. Posts done to use referrer-links may never show up.

Usually, am online enough to release comments within a day though, so the hard-to-read match-text tests for commenting won't be needed this way.

Feedback and questions are welcome. Thanks for participating.

Technical Problems?
If you're having problems leaving a Comment, Google's blogger-help asks that you clear the 'blogger.com' cookies on your browser's Tools or Options menu bar and that will fix the Comment-box problems (until they have a permanent fix).

IF that doesn't work either, then UNcheck the "keep me signed in" box -- Google-help says that should allow your comment to post (it's a workaround to a current bug).
Apologies for the problems.

TIP: There's a size limit. If longer than 3500 characters or so, in a text editor, make two posts out of it.

[Valid RSS]