The Kindle for PC page has been updated (see features of original, basic Kindle for PC) to show the following features added:
* Create new highlights, notes [identified with mouse movements], and bookmarksThese are excellent features, but I wish they had the Kindle-style Search capability ready. I use that in Kindle books more than any other feature except the in-line Dictionary and really miss the search capability when using this otherwise pleasing alternate method of reading a Kindle book.
* and manage those created on your Kindle
* Full screen reading view [love it]
* Color modes [allows the change of background & text colors and offers sepia as well -- this feature is found under the Aa icon as well as through the View sub-menu option for "Text Color" although this should say "text-background color" rather than "text color" since I thought at first they meant text-fonts color. I'd especially wanted this set of features after reading about them in the Kindle for iPad app].
* Brightness controls [sliding control under Aa icon also "
And it seems the Dictionary might not be available for the PC and Mac "Kindle for..." apps (?), as I've seen no mention of it at for those -- BUT in the Kindle for iPad ad, Amazon promises "Coming soon: Search and instant dictionary lookup .
Might Amazon actually decide to make the iPad more useful for Kindle books (offering the instant dictionary) than our Kindle-owner pc's and Macs would be ? Had to ask that question, and I'll send it to the feedback crew. I'll hope that was just an oversight.
Being a keyboard-shortcuts type (speedier for me and avoids repetitive mouse/arm movements), I especially like the keyboard shortcuts they've made available.
The general Kindle for PC Help webpage is easily reachable through the app's Help option, and the most helpful sections for day-to-day functions, can be found under the Using Kindle for PC page.
The Navigation icons are explained under Using the Reading Tool Bar section which also details the three methods for turning pages.
The highlighting and notes guide is at the Using Highlights and Notes section.
At the Future Improvements page for this app (easily reachable from the app's Help menu's Future Improvements choice), Amazon tells us what they are thinking of bringing to the app in the "near future."
* SearchThe Kindle team says they'd like to hear from Kindle for PC users.
You will be able to search within your book or across your Kindle library
[That had been one of the features listed last time.]
* Two page reading mode
* Zoom and rotate images
Click on an image to see an expanded view and rotate it if desired
[to organize the books downloaded to Kindle for PC, a feature now being slowly rolled out, to a few, on current Kindle models' software update v2.5, and to be distributed to all current Kindle models by late May.]
" You can send them to the Kindle team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the feedback form available in the application - we'd love to hear what you think! "
See the ongoing Guide to finding Free or Low-Cost Kindle books and Sources
Check often: Latest free non-classics, shortcut http://bit.ly/latestfreenonclassics.) Below are ways to Share this post if you'd like others to see it.
-- The Send to Kindle button works well only on Firefox currently.
(Older posts have older Kindle model info. For latest models, see CURRENT KINDLES page. )
If interested, you can also follow my add'l blog-related news at Facebook and Twitter
Questions & feedback are welcome in the Comment areas (tho' spam is deleted). Thanks!